Word shuts down when you Start a new LeaderGuide Pro document
On October 22, 2017 Microsoft issued an update to Office 365 that is interfering with LeaderGuide Pro.
If you automatically allow Microsoft to push updates, or if your IT group allowed the update, you could be experiencing a significant issue as you start a new LeaderGuide Pro document.
- You will see a message that Word has stopped working and it is looking for a solution.
- After a moment, Word will close.
- When you re-open Word you will see several recovered files that are the scratch documents LeaderGuide Pro uses as it builds a new facilitator guide or participant guide for you. There is no need to save those files.
- Every time you try to start a new LeaderGuide Pro file you will encounter the same problem.
To fix this problem:
- You must have Full System Administrator rights.
- You must disable the automatic updates feature in Word.
- You must uninstall the Microsoft update.
- You must choose a "build number" to return to.
Build number refers to a specific update.
- We chose to revert to build number 16.0.8326.209 which was issued in August 2017.
Here is a link to guidance on how to do this: https://www.msoutlook.info/question/784
Even though the link references Outlook, the guidance you will find applies to the entire package of Microsoft Office365 applications.
The link above takes you to instructions that are written for people with advanced knowledge of computers and software. If you do not feel comfortable following the guidance provided, we encourage you to seek assistance from a qualified IT professional. And we suggest that you share the link above with the person you turn to.
We do not have control over this situation. We are as unhappy about it as you are.