LeaderGuide Pro is training development software for instructional designers and developers of professional education who use Word and PowerPoint as the basis for development of course materials.
1. LeaderGuide Pro files are Microsoft Word files
LeaderGuide Pro is an add-in to Microsoft Word. It creates Word files that:
- are controlled, stored and owned by the licensed LeaderGuide Pro user
can be shared with any Microsoft Word user
2. LeaderGuide Pro files remain available for use as Word docs
Even if your LeaderGuide Pro software license is interrupted or discontinued.
- Flexible license options allow you to move in and out of software use as needed.
3. LeaderGuide Pro automates Word and PowerPoint for speed
Building consistent training materials is faster because with LeaderGuide Pro you:
- start from a branded template that conforms to your standards
maintain formatting as the document is worked in over time
- extract participant guides from facilitator guides
sync content and page number references between companion documents.
4. LeaderGuide Pro ensures consistency & is easy to customize
LeaderGuide Pro uses "Collections" to contain, apply and control document formatting.
Easily create your own unique Collections, which are reusable and can be shared with other LeaderGuide Pro users.
Custom Collections can include your preferred
- Icons & Fonts
Page layouts & Headers and footers
Cover pages, Copyright & Course ID info
- Facilitator Getting Started information
Global naming conventions & Default text
5. LeaderGuide Pro focuses the developer on content
LeaderGuide Pro document pages format for you as you work, to visually drive development.
The LeaderGuide Pro ribbon provides easy-to-use automation that:
- Structures the document into modules and lessons
Makes it easy to add, remove and reorder modules and lessons
- Adds icons and content placeholders to lesson pages
Formats content as it is typed or pasted in
- Imports images and sizes them appropriately for their position in the document
Makes it easy to resize all or selective images
Imports PowerPoint slide images, slide text, and slide notes
- Makes it easy to replace imported slides and notes
Allows the user to create PowerPoint from within a LeaderGuide Pro document
Performs routine document maintenance including page numbering, Table of Contents, and Time tracking
6. LeaderGuide Pro automates and tracks Time
As you assign time allotments for modules, lessons and learning activities, LeaderGuide Pro will:
- Tally and update all Time references at the module, lesson and activity levels
Track Cumulative time at the start of each new Lesson
Generate a timed Course Agenda
7. LeaderGuide Pro adds Alt Text for 508 Compliance
As images, charts, and other non-text objects are inserted into your file, LeaderGuide Pro adds Alt Text to verbally identity each object
- so that screen readers can tell their users what is on the page.
This helps to ensure compliance with Section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which requires that electronic and information technology (EIT) be accessible to people with disabilities.
8. LeaderGuide Pro runs with the Spanish and French language versions of Microsoft, in addition to English
When running the Windows Language pack for French or Spanish, the LeaderGuide Pro ribbon, dialog boxes, and built-in written instructions are converted to the chosen language.
You need LeaderGuide Pro...
If you develop facilitator guides and participant guides to support instructor-led training.
Great Circle Learning
is the developer and sole source provider of LeaderGuide Pro.