After you have extracted a participant guide from a facilitator guide you may make changes to content in one document that you want updated in the other. The LGPro Special Sync function handles that for you. You can also sync page numbers references between a participant guide and a facilitator guide.
Syncing is a one for one process that is tied to Content Blocks that are shared across two documents. It allows you to make changes in Content Blocks in one LGPro document and apply those changes to the Content Blocks in the companion LGPro document.
A companion document is either an extracted document or the document you extracted from.
If you have added Content Blocks in the process of making changes, be sure to go into the companion document and add placeholder blocks of the same type in the locations where they belong before you run the Sync. Because Sync updates content within Content Blocks, it does not add new blocks into the destination document.
- Close any Word documents you do not need.
- Open the two LGPro guidebooks you want to Sync.
- Update All Fields in both documents and Save both.
- Click on Special on the LGPro ribbon to reveal the drop down menu.
- Click on the last item in the menu, Sync Guidebook Blocks.
In the dialog box that will appear both of your guidebooks will be listed in the white box. If you do not see the files you need, use the Browse button to add files to the list.
- Select the guidebook that will be the source for the sync process.
- Click the Source button. The file name will appear in the text box to the right.
- Select the guidebook that will be the destination.
- Click the Destination button. The file name will appear in the text box to the right.
- Click OK.
Note: Only one source and one destination file can be processed at a time.
In the Sync dialog box, click to add a check mark to the blocks you want to sync.
- To include a page number reference in the destination file, click the Page# box as well.
- When all of your selections have been made click OK.
- You will see a message asking if you would like LGPro to make a backup copy of your destination file. We suggest you say "yes" to this, just in case you get unexpected results from the sync.
- Take your hand off your mouse.
- When the sync process is complete you will see a message advising you of success.
- Both files will be open for your review. Update All Fields and Save both.
Tip: If you had numbered lists in the documents place your cursor by the first number in any list and use the LGPro Restart Number function to ensure that all of your numbered lists start at "1".