How to Access the Learning Design Tool
As the Learning Design Tool is installed you are given the option to add an LDT icon to your desktop.
And, it is added to your Start menu under L for Learning Design Tool.
And, it should be added to your personal Templates in Word.
The Learning Design tab and ribbon only appear along the top of your screen in Word while you are using the tool.
When you close your Learning Design document your Learning Design tab and ribbon will disappear. To bring the ribbon up, use one of the access methods listed below.
4 Ways to Access the Learning Design Tool in Word
Click on the LDT desktop icon if you chose to add it to your desktop
Use your Start Menu. Look under L for Learning Design Tool
Open an existing Learning Design Document that was created using the Learning Design Tool.
In Word, click File > New
Click on the Learning Design Tool to open it
If you do not see the Learning Design Tool in your FEATURED templates, select PERSONAL
If you don't see the Learning Design Tool in your template options in Word, follow the steps below
How To Add the Learning Design Tool to Your Word Templates
- Go to your C drive
- Navigate to User > Your Name > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Templates
- Copy the file path address as text
- Open Word
- Click on File > Options > Save
- Locate "Default personal templates location" (see #1 in image below)
- Paste in your file path
- Click OK in bottom of the dialog (see #2 in image below)
- Now, when you click File > New in Word you will see the Learning Design Tool as an option - select it to bring up the LDT tab and ribbon
If you don't see your App Data folder
- Click View
- Check the box next to Hidden Items in the Show/Hide group