AuthorTec Quick Styles Customizer
This utility allows you to rapidly customize Quick Styles in Microsoft Word.
The Quick Styles Customizer is an add-in to Microsoft Office. It runs with:
- PC Office 2016, 2013 and 2010
Mac Office 2016
You will see two download links.
The download is a compressed ZIP folder named AuthorTec
SAVE the download
Open the AuthorTec folder
Copy the template named CustomizeQuickStyles.dotm
Go to your STARTUP folder
PASTE in the CustomizeQuickStyles.dotm
How to find your STARTUP folder:
\Users\<User Home Folder>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP
- The “AppData” folder may be hidden. To enable display, allow the “Show Hidden Files” option in the File Finder utility.
Mac with Office 2016
/Users/<User Home Folder>/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content/Startup/Word
- The “Library” folder may be hidden. Use File Finder to enable display.
The path separator characters are forward slashes, not back slashes.
The folder names of “User Content” and “Startup” will be localized to the language of the operating system.
How to Access & Use after installing
When you open Word you will see the new Quick Styles Customizer button on the Home tab near the Styles chunk.
Use the new Quick Styles Customizer to set the styles for the open document on your screen.
1) Click the Quick Styles Customizer button
2) Set the Quick Styles you need.
3) Save the document to make your custom Quick Styles stick.
- Every time you open that document your custom Quick Styles will be set and ready to use.
To Apply a Quick Style:
- Place your cursor in a line of text
Click the Quick Style you need