File overwrite protection for Word, PowerPoint & Excel
Got-Ur-Back runs silently on in Office on your PC or your Mac saving up to 5 levels of back up copies of your files every time you click Save. To protect you from those accidental moments when you have destroyed the current copy of the important document you are editing.
Unlike other backup systems, the Got-ur-Back file recovery versions of your files are conveniently placed in folders right on your computer:
On your PC, Got-Ur-Back files are placed into a folder labeled “Zapps_Pro-backup” that resides in the same directory folder of the file you are editing, in the same file format.
On your Mac, in Office 2011 it saves into a folder named “GOT-UR-BACK” that is located in the same directory as the file you are working on.
On your Mac, in Office 2016 for the Mac, Got-Ur-Back places your files into a separate directory that you can easily access by clicking the GUB Files button on the GUB tab on the Office 2016 for the Mac ribbon.
How it Works
With Got-Ur-Back running, each time you click Save in Word, Excel and PowerPoint your last version of how the file looked is not destroyed. Instead it is moved to a safe location where you can recover it from if needed.
Each prior version of the file is labeled with a numbered extension. Got-Ur-Back optionally keeps up to 5 levels of prior versions.
By default Got-Ur-Back will activate in Word, PowerPoint and Excel with the Save Level set to 3 for each program. You can alter these settings to choose which programs to run Got-Ur-Back in, and set the level of prior copies saved for each program.
right now For FREE.
Simply close Word, PowerPoint and Excel
prior to installing.
Easy to Use
- Upon opening Word, PowerPoint or Excel after installing you will see the Got-Ur-Back User Preferences dialog box.
- Set it to meet your needs.
- Re-open it any time you want to change your preferences by clicking on your computer's Start button. Got-Ur-Back will show up as an installed program. Click on it to open the User Preferences dialog box.
Language versions include:
English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Chines Simplified, Chinese Traditional
Got-Ur-Back does not
- Create automatically timed backups of the file you are editing.
- Protect template file formats including:
DOT, DOTX, DOTM, XLT, XLTX, XLTM, POT, POTX, and POTM
- Run with PowerPoint in Office 2011 or Office 2016 for the Mac