Software Release Information
Release Date: February 11, 2017
- This is a mandatory Security Update for registering george! serial numbers with the secure Digital River Inc. servers. Digital River is the exclusive reseller of Great Circle Learning products.
This update also includes a new interface for creating Word handouts and speaker notes from george!
Release Date: December 1, 2016
- A Security Fix has been implemented to address and correct Activation issues caused by required changes for our online registration service with Digital River and their PCI compliance.
Release Date: August 16, 2016
- Fixed issue that caused Create function to fail to update the Table of Contents and include the last slide.
Release Date: March 21, 2016
- Updated Help menu link to connect to new online tutorials on the Great Circle Learning website.
NOTE: On April 1, 2016 the auto-renew feature was removed from the "12-months 1-payment" subscription plan. Renewals are welcome and encouraged, but you must take action to initiate the renewal. The auto-renew feature is still in place for the "12-months 12-payments" subscription plan.
Release Date: March 14, 2016
- The george! Create function has been enhanced to allow selection of Presenter Only or Participant Only notes when using a page layout format that includes PowerPoint Notes. This function works when the PowerPoint notes have been marked by the Script PPT tool in Zapps Pro The Collection.
- The george! Style guide has been enhanced to work with Zapps Pro The Collection styles. This allows for customization of the styles george! will use when creating documents from PowerPoint and allows users to further format their george! documents after creation, using the Zapps Pro The Collection styles that are added to Words Home tab ribbon when Zapps Pro The Collection is installed.
- george! documents that include slide notes will automatically format bold text as Zapps Title text.
Additional Version 7 release features include:
- The ability to automatically generate Alternative Text for all or selected slides and these embedded object that may be on the slides: charts, pictures, shapes, grouped shapes, SmartArt, tables, text boxes and videos. Alt Text titles and descriptions are added and can be easily viewed for editing. Alt Text is used for screen readers and is required to ensure 508 compliance.
- The ability to Convert formatted slide text from all or selective PowerPoint slides in the open file. This is a great tool for translating text and maintaining the text’s original formatting in the PowerPoint slide.
- The ability to use multiple page layouts within the same george! document. This allows users to mix and match the 18 page layouts george! provides to create an infinite variety of documents, to meet every need.