How to Customize
the Instructional Types
Customize functions are built in to the Learning Design Tool software. To access the customize functions click Customize on the LDT ribbon.
You will be presented with a drop down menu of options.
- Select Course Structure Activities from the menu
This will bring up the Customize Instructional Content Cues form
About this Customizing Function
When you are in the final phase of building out your course outline you have the opportunity to use the Instructional Activity Types drop down menu to add instructional activity types into the lessons.
- The Learning Design Tool includes 18 Instructional Activity Types that appear on the "Select type of instruction" menu.
Each of these instructional options are linked to a LeaderGuide Pro Content Block that can be inserted into a LeaderGuide Pro or IGST document after you Extract a copy of your Course Outline.
This Customize function allows you to modify the Instructional Activity Types drop down menu in two ways:
- Add Instructional Activity Types to the drop down list
For each Instructional Activity Type, change the LeaderGuide Pro Content Block that the Instructional Activity Type is associated with.
This is the Customize form
The Instructional Activity column:
- Lists the Instructional Activities you can choose from when building out your Course Outline
- You can add as many instructional activities to this list as you need
The Content Block column:
- Lists the LeaderGuide Pro Content Block Icons that are associated with the Instructional Activities
- At this time there are only 18 commonly used LGPro blocks currently available to associate with
How Add or Change the Content Block Associated with an Instructional Activity Type
- Select an instructional activity
Edit the Instructional Activity name in the Activity Editing box
- Change which Content Block is associated with the Instructional Activity in the Content Block box
- Click Apply when done making changes
Click Close when completely done.
For LeaderGuide Pro and IGST users
As you add details to your Content Outline, if you recommend using a certain instructional method, e.g. Computer Exercise, to teach the instructional content and you further elaborate by adding a description of what you expect to be occurring during this Computer Exercise… all of this important “meta” data is automatically transferred into a Computer Exercise content block when your Design Document is extracted to LeaderGuide Pro.
But I don't use LeaderGuide Pro
When extracted to Word or PowerPoint your unique instructional activity, which is generically linked to a particular Content Block, will include a verbal cue for the activity type.